Thursday, April 30, 2009

Battles Lost, the War is Won!

Spurgeons book, Morning by Morning, reminds me today of a John Piper quote that I heard in a sermon, "There is something more sweet about winning a war where a battle or two have been lost." Jeremiah 17:17 says, ".....You are my refuge in the day of disaster." I am convinced by reading the inerrant Word of God that we suffer through "trials" in our earthly life to get rid of pride and self sufficiency while slowly learning to cling to the robe of our Savior for redemption. We gleen greater dependence on God our Rock by knowing that tough times are for-ordained and under the realm of His sovereign rule.

Further, who am I to say that a good God shouldn't allow bad things to happen to me? The depth of pride revealed in that statement alone is shameful! What do I deserve? Has He shown me grace or mercy? How deep is His love for me? Can I sanctify myself?

"I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross......" Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment