Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Satisfaction

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." Matt. 5:6.

On my own, I'll never seek His righteousness. Oh God, thank you for Jesus! I beg you, Lord, for deeper hunger and thirst for righteousness, implying a petition for one thing in my life: more Jesus! The more You open my eyes to the righteousness You so freely give, the more I see my need for my Savior. How can my filthy thoughts, my selfish motivations, my self-centered intentions, and my prideful dealings with other people be seen as righteous?

The precious blood.

Ps. 31:3-5 "For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name's sake you lead me and guide me; You take me out of the net they have hidden for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God."

No comments:

Post a Comment